Everything you need to know about Lighthouse Tattoo
How do I get to the shop?
Lighthouse Tattoo is located at 3009 Bell Rd. Auburn, CA 95603. Check out our Contact page for a map of the shop.
How much does it cost to get a tattoo?
Prices vary depending on artist, size, and placement. The best way to get an estimate is to come by the shop.
Is there a shop minimum?
The minimum is $60.
How old do I have to be to get tattooed?
You must be 18+ years old to get tattooed at Lighthouse Tattoo.
Are walk-ins welcome?
Yes, walk-ins are welcome and will be addressed on a first come first serve basis.
Do I have to leave a deposit?
Yes, we require all clients to leave a deposit when making their appointment to be tattooed. This deposit then goes towards the price of the tattoo. Deposits are nonrefundable. If the appointment needs to be rescheduled, 48 hours notice must be given or the deposit will be forfeit.
What do I do if I want to get tattooed by a specific artist?
Come by the shop to set up an appointment with the artist of your choice.
What do I do if I need to cancel an appointment?
In order to cancel or reschedule an appointment, you must call the shop or contact your artist directly. All deposits are non-refundable.
What do you recommend for aftercare?
• Leave bandage on for at least 4 hours.
• Wash your tattoo with warm, soapy water rubbing gently in a circular motion until it feels smooth. DO NOT use a washcloth or any abrasive washing implement. Special soap is not necessary, mild bath soap works fine.
• After washing and rinsing, pat dry with a clean towel and let air dry for a few minutes. Repeat this process three times a day for the next 3 days.
• DO NOT re-bandage your tattoo.
• After washing and letting your tattoo dry, apply a very thin layer of Aquaphor Ointment. Be sure to rub it in completely.
• After 3 days, you may switch to a good quality hand/body lotion such as: Curél, Lubriderm, Jergens or any other fragrance and dye free lotion that DOES NOT contain any extra additives.
• DO NOT soak your tattoo or go swimming until it is completely healed. You can shower, but make showering time quick, avoiding immersing your new tattoo in water for an extended time.
• Keep your new tattoo out of direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks. DO NOT use sunscreen until it is completely healed.
• Your tattoo will peel like a sunburn and possibly itch. This is totally normal. Some scabbing is also normal. Remember not to scratch or pick at it!
• If you have any questions, make sure you call Lighthouse Tattoo first.
• It is possible for a tattoo to get infected, especially if it is not kept clean or you work/live in an area with an increased risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Redness and swelling are normal, but if you see red streaks going towards your heart, have an elevated temperature, or have purulent drainage you may need to seek medical help.
Can I bring a friend?
You are allowed to have a friend accompany you to your appointment, however do to limited floor space we ask that you please limit it to only one guest.
Can I bring a child?
Kids are welcome at shop but we ask they are kept under close supervision.